Danny shuffled casually the pages of the grimoire. Lucy and Derek stared at him eyes wide, jaw dropped.
– What are you gonna chose ?
– Invisibility ? Reading thoughts ? Eternal Youth ? asked Derek
Danny shook his head and tssk-tssked them both and closed the book.
– Oh, come one Dan, what’s your plan ? Lucy said sitting next to him.
– Guys you really need to think ahead. All good things come to an end and only one leads to them all : power.
– Yeah, I’d like that, Derek dreamt aloud.
– Get ready, we need to make an offer to our goddess of wealth.
– A gift ?
– A corpse.
This story is a part of my summer writing challenge : writing a 100 word story everyday, the 51th installment.
I hope you will like today’s story and please do not hesitate to leave a comment.